Your SNO site comes with a wide variety of options for structuring your homepage. The Homepage Widget Area Map section on the the SNO Design Options page shows all of the different content areas you can have active on your home page. Use this section to remind yourself what and where each area is, to see which areas are active and to toggle whether you want the three Home Bottom Widget Areas Active or Inactive.
If you click on Widgets under the Appearance tab, you’ll see your site's widget areas listed in the right column. Each of these widget areas corresponds with a specific area on your site.
- The Non-Home Sidebar is for all non-home pages that your users may go to.
- The Full Width areas (Above Header, Home Top, Home Middle, Home Bottom) are on your homepage.
- The four Home Top areas are on your homepage.
- The Sports Center Sidebar area is active only if you’ve purchased the Sports Center add-on.
- The three Home Bottom areas will appear if you have them activated under the Homepage Widget Area Map section on the SNO Design Options page.
To change the layout of the Home Top areas, follow the steps below.
- Click on SNO Design Options under the Appearance tab on the left side of your WordPress dashboard.
- In the Widget Area Configuration section on this page, you’ll see a diagram of the six layout options.
- Use the dropdown box to select the option that you want.
- Click “Save Settings” to the right when finished.
NOTE: When switching the layout of your Home Top Widget Areas, you may find that some open space appears as the widgets are reconfigured to match the new areas. To fill the open space, move or add widgets into the blank areas by dragging a dropping widgets from one area to another on the Widgets page found under the Appearance tab on the left side of your WordPress dashboard.