There are two ways to add a photo to a story in WordPress. One is to set the photo as a Featured Image for the story, and the other is to insert the photo into the body of the story’s text. Your SNO site is designed to make use of the Featured Image method. Photos inserted directly into the body of the story will not show up on the homepage, the category view page, or the search page.
Setting the Featured Image
IMPORTANT: Make sure your photo is properly sized before uploading it to your site.
- Add a story or edit an existing story.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and find the set Featured Image box on the right-hand side; click on the set featured image link.
- Click on Upload Files in the upper left-hand corner, then click select files or drag and drop the picture you would like to be the featured image for this story. The picture will upload and a set of fields/boxes will appear to the right.
- Type your caption in the caption box.
- Type the photographer’s name in the photographer box. If there is a staff profile for the photographer, this field is what will enable your site to automatically link this story to that staff profile.
- Click the set featured image button in the lower right-hand corner.
- You will now see your featured image show up in the featured image box.