The SNO Staff Page comes built-in with all SNO sites and works automatically to display your current year's staff profiles in various ways. All you have to do is add your staff profiles and assign them to correct school year.
Staff Page Design
As is the case for the rest of your site, design will take place in the SNO Design Options under the Appearance tab. Towards the bottom of the SNO Design Options you'll see a section titled Staff Page. Expand this and set your options.
Your Staff Page will adjust automatically based on the templates you choose and their subsequent design choices:
The Photo Block style will fill the page with pictures of your staff in a block style. The name and position of each staff member will be revealed when the picture is hovered over and when clicked.
The Profile Preview style shows each staff member’s profile and a teaser to their staff profile. This style allows for more options including the box height, photo type, etc. This style works best when all of the pictures are roughly the same size and all of the profiles are roughly the same length.
The List style lists the name, position, and a link to the staff profile. When the staff profile link is clicked the staff profile will be shown along with all stories written by that staff member.
Creating Staff Profiles
- Click on Add New under the Staff Profiles tab on the left navigation bar in the WordPress dashboard and enter the name of the staffer where it says "Full Name". This is the name that you will use when crediting stories, videos, and images.
- Type the job title for your staffer under the Staff Position field.
- Upload a featured image to the Profile Image area. Try to use equally aligned and sized images for all staff profiles.
- Choose which staff years the student should be assigned.
- Type the bio to the body of the post.
- Click Publish.
A staff profile will automatically be linked to any stories, photos, or videos credited to this staff member. Once you've created the staff profile be sure you're using the same exact name when adding bylines to stories or credits to photos and videos.
Reordering Staff Profiles
You can reorder your staff profiles by Job Title and within each Job Title, so that all members of each Job Title are within the same grouping. Within each grouping, staff will be initially arranged by order of published date -- newest first. To rearrange the order of staff members within each Job Title, simply click the Person Icon next to the Job Title to display a list of each member within that Job Title and drag and drop them accordingly.
- Hover on Staff Profiles and click on Staff Profile Order.
- You'll see your school years and the various job titles.
- Select the school year you want to reorder and drag and drop the job titles into the order you want.
- To reorder individual staff members within a given Job Title, click the Job Title, and then click the Person Icon to the right of the Job Title to see a list of actual Staff Profile names within that Job Title.
- Drag and drop those names to place them in the order desired.
- It saves automatically!
Staff Profiles on Story Pages
Your site allows you to display a staff profile at the bottom of your story, which will show the current story's writer (as long as they have a staff profile already created on the site). If not, then it will default to the next credited staff member, such as a photographer or videographer. If none of the credited contributors has a staff profile, then nothing will show up at the bottom of the story.
To turn this feature on, go to SNO Design Options --> Non-Home Pages --> Story Page Extras. From there, choose which story templates you'd like to turn this feature on for, select your customization options, and save.
Staff Profile Widget
This widget will show random staff profiles from staff members assigned to the current school year.