You can add team standings and state rankings boxes for any and all of your teams. Standings will automatically be sorted based on win-loss record. On a team’s page, their standings will automatically show up if you’ve entered standings for them.
Adding a Team to the Standings
- Click on New under the Standings tab on the left navigation bar in the WordPress dashboard.
- Enter a title––use the team name and the sport (This won’t actually show on the site, but you must have a title or WordPress won’t save the entry.)
- Enter the school name as you want it to appear on the site.
- Select the appropriate sport.
- Select either or both of the checkboxes. (You can actually display two sets of standings for each team if you want)
- If you select the conference checkbox, the site will display both the conference record and the total wins and losses.
- If you select the playoff checkbox, the site will only display the total wins and total losses.
- Type in the team’s state ranking (optional).
- Click Publish.
Updating a Team’s Standings
- Log in to your site and then return to the homepage.
- Click on Sports Center.
- Next to every team in the standing’s box, you’ll see an Edit link. Click Edit.
- You’ll be taken to the WordPress Admin panel for that particular team in that particular sport.
- Make the changes you need to make.
- Click Save.
Displaying the Standings or State Rankings on the Sports Center Page
- Click on Widgets under the Appearances tab on the left navigation bar near the bottom in the WordPress dashboard.
- Drag a SNO Sports Standings widget into the Sports Center Sidebar area.
- If you want a sport’s standings to display, type the name of the sport in the box after the word “Team” NOTE: You must type the sport’s name exactly as it appears in the drop down menus on the page where you added teams to the standings. Don’t add apostrophes, and make sure you capitalize the first letters in each word.
- In the drop down box, select either “Conference” or “Playoff” or “State Rankings”.
- Click Save.