Your site comes with two standard ad locations: above the header area of your site called the Leaderboard Ad Area and below the content of your site at the bottom called the Footer Ad Area. Both locations allow you to display two ads -- one wide ad and one small ad. You can choose to center the wider ad if you only want one ad to be displayed.
The wider ad size is industry standard (728px wide by 90px tall) and the smaller ad size is 205px wide by 90px tall. There is a section on your SNO Design Options page for adding and displaying these two ads. These spaces can display three different types of ads: static, ad-tag, or ads published through the SNO Ad Manager.
- A Static ad image will simply display the same ad every time the page loads. It will link to your advertiser’s site (if you enter a URL).
- The SNO Ad Manager feature lets you display multiple, rotating ads in one or both leaderboard ad locations.
Displaying a Static Leaderboard Ad:
- Create the new ad in PhotoShop or any other image-editing software. You may also be given an ad image from your advertiser -- this is quite common. Be sure they give you the right size ad. The size of your ad should be set to 728 pixels wide by 90 pixels tall, with max 72 PPI or DPI (pixels per inch). Save for Web as .jpg.
- Go to your SNO Design Options page and open the Leaderboard Ad Area or Footer Ad Area options.
- Choose the appropriate settings.
- Click on the “Click to Upload Leaderboard Ad Image” button.
- Type the URL that you want the ad to link to in the “Leaderboard Advertisement Link” box. Make sure this URL starts with “http://”
- Click Save Settings at the right side of the SNO Design Options page.