Your site comes with two standard ad locations: Leaderboard Ad Area (near the header area of your site) and the Footer Ad Area (at the bottom and below the content of your site). Both locations allow you to display two ads -- one wide ad and one small ad. You can choose to center the wider ad if you only want one ad to be displayed.
The wider ad size is industry standard (728px wide by 90px tall) and the smaller ad size is 205px wide by 90px tall. You can choose to create ad images that are wider though, especially if you have set your site width to 1100 pixels wide or wider. There is a section on your SNO Design Options page for adding and displaying these two ads. These spaces can display three different types of ads: Static, Ad-Tag, or ads published through the SNO Ad Manager.
- A Static Ad is the most common and is simply an image file hyperlinked to a website. It will display the same ad image every time the page loads. It will link to your advertiser’s site (if you enter a URL).
- The SNO Ad Manager feature lets you display multiple, rotating ads in one or both of the leaderboard or footer ad locations.
Displaying a Static Leaderboard or Footer Ad
- Create the new ad in PhotoShop or any other image-editing software. You may also be given an ad image from your advertiser -- this is quite common. Be sure they give you the right size ad. The size of your ad should be set to 728 pixels wide by 90 pixels tall (make it wider if you have a really wide site), with max 72 PPI or DPI (pixels per inch). Save for Web as .jpg.
- Go to your SNO Design Options page and open the Advertisements section.
- Choose the appropriate settings.
- Click on the “Click to Upload Leaderboard/Footer Ad Image” button.
- Type the URL that you want the ad to link to in the “Leaderboard/Footer Advertisement Link” box. Make sure this URL starts with “https://”
- Click Save Settings at the top right side of the SNO Design Options page.