Using the Sports Center Add-On, you can add rosters for any and all of your teams. On a team’s page, each athlete’s name on the roster will connect to any story you’ve tagged with their name.
Adding an Athlete to the Roster
- Click on New under the Athlete Roster tab on the left navigation bar in the WordPress dashboard.
- Enter a title––use the athlete’s name. (This won’t actually show on the site, but you must have a title or WordPress won’t save the entry.)
- Enter the athlete’s name as you want it to appear on the site. (If you’d like this name to link to all the stories tagged with this athlete’s name, be sure to spell it correctly here.)
- Select the appropriate sport. (If the correct sport is not showing up, you can add it by following the directions for adding a sport).
- Select the appropriate year.
- If you would like, add the jersey number, grade and position.
- If you would like, add the link to their profile. This can be a link to profiles your staff has written or a link to external profiles provided by high school leagues or high school fan sites.
- Click Publish.
- To add the next athlete, click New in the left navigation bar, then enter the information.
* Athlete rosters require something to be placed in the "jersey number" field. Sports Center queries key off this field. If these fields are left blank, nothing will be returned from the query. The workaround is to add a space " " in the jersey box for each athlete.