IMPORTANT: Only a user with administrator status can create/edit polls.
Creating a New Poll
- Click on Add Poll under the Polls tab on the left navigation bar in the WordPress dashboard.
- Complete the question and answer fields.
- Click the Add Poll button.
- Your new poll will automatically show up in the poll widget.
Adding a Poll to a Story
- Create your poll.
- While adding/editing a story, place your cursor in the place you’d like the poll to go. Usually, it works best to press enter, giving the poll it’s own line in the text editing box.
- Click the SNO Add Story Element button above the text editing window.
- A pop-up window will give you all of the different options story elements, click the button for Reader Poll.
- Complete the form.
- Click the Insert button.
- A line of short code will now show up in your story.
- Click Update/Publish and go to view the story to see how your story page looks.
Adding a Poll Widget
- Click on Widgets under the Appearance tab on the left navigation bar in the WordPress dashboard.
- Open the Widget Area where you would like to place the Poll Widget (on the right side).
- Drag the Polls Widget from the center of the page into the Widget Area.
- Set the configuration options for the Widget.
NOTE: Your site is set by default to automatically display the most recent poll in the poll widget. To change this option, simply select the appropriate poll in the widget settings.
- Click Save.