It’s no secret that student success is largely reliant on teacher feedback. It’s also no secret that teachers are busier than ever, and finding time to grade and provide timely feedback to students can be tough.
While we can’t eliminate your grading responsibilities altogether, we have incorporated a new feature into FLOW to make things a little easier: FLOW Rubrics.
Expanding on the existing FLOW grading system, FLOW rubrics allow you to create customized rubrics, provide specific scoring data organized by criteria, and deliver individualized student feedback all in one place.
How to Create a FLOW Rubric
- Go to Settings, Grading Rubrics, then click on “Create New Rubric.”
- Give your rubric a title and select which assignment types will be able to use it.
- Add the “Rubric Criteria Groups” (big-picture objectives that you want your students to learn) and “Specified Criteria” (descriptions of specific skills within those groups) within each one.
- Customize your point values for each specific criterion.
- Click “Save Rubric” to store it for future use.
How to Apply a Rubric to a FLOW Assignment
Once a new rubric is created, simply locate the story you would like to grade, click on the “Grade Story” button and then “Grade Rubric” to add feedback right then and there.