With the newest update to FLEX, it is now possible to bulkadd user accounts with a CSV file.
Preparing the CSV File
The headers that are necessary to upload your CSV file to your SNO website are:
Please note: The headers must be lowercase.
Understanding User Roles
The WordPress publishing system allows for multiple user accounts and administrative privileges. Your setup already includes a user account for the adviser.
- Administrator: Somebody who has access to all the administration features, including comment moderation, design options, widgets, menus, user accounts, galleries, and polls. *This is the only user role that has the power to design the website.
- Editor: Somebody who can publish all articles, manage articles, as well as manage other people’s articles, and moderate comments. *Does not have the ability to design.
- Author: Somebody who can publish and manage their own articles only. *Does not have the ability to design.
- Contributor: Somebody who can write and manage their own articles but cannot publish articles. A contributor can only submit their own articles for review. An Administrator or Editor can then publish those articles. *Does not have the ability to design.
- Subscriber: Essentially does not have access to the site in any meaningful way. A Subscriber is somebody who can read approved comments on stories, make comments on stories, or receive news letters, etc. *Does not have the ability to design.
Bulk Add User Accounts on the SNO Dashboard
- Click the Users tab on the left navigation bar in the WordPress dashboard.
- Click Import User List
- There will be a popup that says to ensure CSV header files are correct. Click okay to proceed.
- Choose the CSV file that you want to upload from your computer
- Wait for the file to finish uploading
- Review your imported staff members and edit if necessary