When you subscribe to the Student News Source or College News Source your school is included in the ever-growing network of online scholastic journalism programs accessible via the Source app.
Think of it as the Apple News app of student media (we say humbly).
Although your site is already mobile responsive and works great on all mobile browsers, it can add value to have a dedicated mobile app for your readers to download.
The Source app can be downloaded by anyone for free from the iOS App Store or the Google Play Store. Once downloaded, the user can then select their school or any number of schools to view stories, videos and galleries, post comments, and receive automated push notifications.
1. Download the app (search "student news source" or "college news source").
2. Open the app and search for your school(s) and select it.
3. Accept your phone's request for the app to allow push notifications.
4. Toggle to the Settings tab to customize which categories you'd like to include for push notifications.
5. If you'd like to be able to comment on stories, add a username and email address.