The Student News Source and College News Source apps are first and foremost, for your readers, but how do you notify your readers you have an app? Read on for ideas, tips, tricks, and best practices for promoting your app below.
- Download the premade Source ads from SNO here. You can use these marketing materials wherever you want!
- Use your site's Breaking News Ticker to notify your readers that you have an app.
- Write an article about your app and display it prominently on your website. Here are a few great examples:
- Share prominently on your social media accounts and include links to the app in the app stores.
- If you have an email list, share to your list of subscribers.
- Emphasize to your readers that the app is FREE!
- Instruct your readers how to download the app and how to find your school in the app. Feel free to link to our help site section.
- Market to parents! Advertise to them that they can subscribe to individual writers within the app so they can be notified each time an article is published by their child.
- Talk it up! In your Zoom meetings mention it. When in person, talk about it, talk about using it, and use it in front of others.
- Think about creating your own graphics, like the one above by LHS Today. Tweet out your graphics and stories containing these graphics to readers.
- Remind your readers that when they read your articles in a mobile browser, they'll be triggered to download your app so they can read it there!
Basically, do it all! You'll want to take a well-rounded and creative approach to inform your readers that the app exists and that they should use it. Have fun with it and start today!