The updated long-form story format can be selected and utilized with stories using either the Immersive Photo or Immersive Half Photo templates. The long-form story format allows users to build a larger story package split into multiple parts called segments. These segments replace the body field for the primary story. Long-form story formats can include up to fifty segments.
Each segment added to the long-form story format displays on the story page as a fullscreen element that includes arrows to scroll up and down to next and previous segments. Additionally, each segment includes its own set of customizations, including options for a separate headline, byline, text, media, and design.
Once segments are added to a long-form story format, they can be rearranged by clicking and dragging using the arrows in the upper right-hand corner of the segment. Segments can also be collapsed or expanded by clicking on the “Collapse All Segments” or “Expand All Segments” links in the Story Template box on the right-hand side of the story page. Collapsing all segments beforehand may make it easier to rearrange them.
Segments can be deleted by clicking on the red “X” icon in the upper righthand corner of the segment. This will instantly delete the segment from the story, and a warning box will appear. Once a segment is deleted, it cannot be recovered. To restore a segment, it would need to be rebuilt.
Setting Up the Long-Form Format:
- Create a new story on your site and fill in the desired information for the primary story (headline, secondary headline, category, featured image, etc.). This will house all of the segments for your long-form.
- For the Story Template, select either Immersive Photo or Immersive Half Photo. Then, check the box that says “Use Long-Form Format.”
- Add and design the segments for your Long-Form story by clicking on the “Add a Story Segment” button in the center of the page. Input your desired content and select from the given design options for each segment.
- Rearrange your segments as needed by clicking and dragging using the arrows in the upper right-hand corner of the segment. You can also collapse segments before rearranging them by clicking on the “Collapse All Segments” button in the Story Template box.
- Once segments are designed and arranged in the order you’d like them to appear, save your story as a draft, preview or publish it to your website.