Deleting Unused Forms
If you have forms that you are not using, the best way to stop receiving spam entries from these forms is to delete the unused forms.
To do this, click on the Forms tab on the lower left side of your SNO Dashboard. Hover over the title of the form you would like to delete, then click on the red "Trash" that appears below it.
Using a Honeypot
The Forms plugin, Gravity Forms, has a built-in anti-spam feature called a honeypot. This feature creates a hidden field seen only by automated tools that spammers use. Since human visitors to your site are not able to see this field, any entry where the field is filled out will be flagged as spam, if you activate the honeypot feature on your form.
- Click on the Forms tab on the lower left side of your SNO Dashboard.
- Hover over the title of the form you would like to add the honeypot to, hover over Settings, then click Form Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Form Settings options until you reach the Form Options box.
- In this box you can toggle the Anti-spam honeypot to on, and select what action to take if an entry is flagged as spam: Do not create an entry OR Create an entry and mark it as spam. (Note: If you opt to create an entry, those entries will be viewable under the Spam tab at the top of your Entries page for that form.)
- Click the Save Settings button at the bottom of the screen.
- You must manually toggle the honeypot feature on in the Form Settings of each form individually.
Adding a Google reCAPTCHA to your Form
Another option to help protect your forms from attracting spam is to add a reCAPTCHA to your form. This option requires some initial set-up, but then can easily be added to any of your forms. View instructions and a video tutorial from Gravity Forms on how to add Google reCAPTCHA here.