Whether you're charting favorite ice cream flavors, senior college choices, or COVID cases, SNO's Infographic Builder is here to help. This tool allows you to create line, bar, pie, donut and radar charts to embed within articles on your site, or as standalone widget features on your site’s homepage and category pages. This feature is available to any client that subscribes to the SNO Site Booster add-on.
Creating a New Infographic
- Click on “Add New Infographic” under the SNO Infographics tab on the left navigation bar in the WordPress dashboard.
- Select an infographic type (Line, Bar, Pie, Donut or Radar Chart).
- Enter an infographic title in the field at the top.
- Click on “Global Chart Options” and then on “X Axis Labels” or “Y Axis Labels” to input the labels for your axes.
- If you have more than one dataset to include in your chart, click on “Add another dataset” above the “Global Chart Options” bar.
- Give your dataset(s) a title, and then enter the numerical data that corresponds to each X Axis or Y Axis label.
- Scroll down to the “Infographic Preview” box to configure the appearance of your chart, including features like chart animations, label settings, legend location, colors, etc.
- Click the “Publish” button to make your infographic live.
Adding a SNO Infographic to a Story
- Create your infographic.
- While adding/editing a story, place your cursor in the place you’d like the infographic to go. Usually, it works best to press enter, giving the infographic it’s own line in the text editing box.
- Click the SNO Add Story Element button above the text editing window.
- A pop-up window will give you all of the different options story elements, click the button for Infographic.
- Select the infographic you would like to embed, set the alignment, and click the “Insert” button in the right hand corner of the window.
- A line of short code will now show up in your story.
- Click Update/Publish and go to view the story to see how your infographic looks to a visitor.
Adding a SNO Infographic Widget
- Click on Widgets under the Appearance tab on the left navigation bar in the WordPress dashboard.
- Open the Widget Area where you would like to place the Infographic Widget (on the right side of the interface).
- Drag the SNO Infographic Widget from the left side of the page into the Widget Area.
- Set the configuration options for the Widget.
- Click Save.