SNO Flipbooks allows you to upload PDFs of your print issues and display them in a flipbook format on your homepage or within a story. The SNO Flipbook feature is available to anyone who subscribes to the SNO Site Booster Bundle.
Creating Flipbook Categories
Before you start creating Flipbooks, you’ll want to create categories to assign them to. Some categories to consider adding might include academic years (2020-2021) or publication type (newspaper, yearbook, literary magazine), etc.
To add a new flipbook category, click on “SNO Flipbooks” in your main navigation menu, then select “Flipbook Categories.” Give your new category a name and click “Add New Flipbook Category” to save it for future use.
Creating a New Flipbook
- Click “Add New” within the “SNO Flipbooks” tab in your site’s backend navigation menu.
- Give your new Flipbook a title in the “Add title” field at the top of the page.
- Click “Add Page” and select the PDF files you would like to add from your computer. Please note, it is not possible to upload a multi-page PDF file. Each individual page needs to be uploaded as a separate file.
- Click on each page and drag to reposition if needed.
- Assign your Flipbook to one of your preexisting Flipbook categories.
- Click “Save Draft” to store your work until later, or “Publish” if finished.
Embedding a Flipbook Within an Article or Page
Once a Flipbook has been published, one of the ways it can be displayed is by embedding it within an article or static page.
- On the page where you created the Flipbook, click “Copy Shortcode.”
- Open up the story or page where you would like to embed the Flipbook.
- Paste the shortcode with the body text of the article or page.
- Make sure to update the article or page to save and store the new embed.
Displaying your Flipbook Within a Widget
Another option for displaying your Flipbook is to add it within a widget to your website’s homepage, category pages, or non-home sidebar.
- Go to your website’s Widget Control Panel.
- Identify the widget area that you would like your Flipbook to be displayed in.
- Drag and drop the “SNO PDF Flipbook” widget into that area.
- Select the specific Flipbook or the category of Flipbooks that you would like the widget to display, change any appearance-related settings and click “Save.”