The SNO Tests feature is a great way to create more opportunities for visitors to interact with content on your website. Tests are composed of a series of questions with right and wrong answers, essentially gauging the taker’s knowledge on a specific topic. This feature is available to any client that subscribes to the SNO Site Booster add-on.
Creating a New Test
- Click on “Add New Test” under the SNO Tests tab on the left navigation bar in the WordPress dashboard.
- Enter a test title in the field at the top.
- Add your test questions within the “Test Editor” field, along with their potential answers and images (if desired).
- Review the test start date, end date, and other settings in the Test Options box on the right hand side of the page.
- Click the “Publish” button to make your test live.
Adding a Test to a Story
- Create your test.
- While adding/editing a story, place your cursor in the place you’d like the test to go. Usually, it works best to press enter, giving the test it’s own line in the text editing box.
- Click the SNO Add Story Element button above the text editing window.
- A pop-up window will give you all of the different options story elements, click the button for SNO Test.
- Select the test you would like to embed, set the design settings, and click the “Insert” button in the right hand corner of the window.
- A line of short code will now show up in your story.
- Click Update/Publish and go to view the story to see how your test looks to a visitor.
Adding a SNO Test Widget
- Click on Widgets under the Appearance tab on the left navigation bar in the WordPress dashboard.
- Open the Widget Area where you would like to place the Test Widget (on the right side).
- Drag the SNO Test Widget from the left hand side of the page into the Widget Area.
- Set the configuration options for the Widget.
- Click Save.