Your site includes a scrolling news ticker that can be set to display in four different locations at the top of your site. This news ticker is designed for short, one-sentence updates, which can be linked to full stories on your site. You can choose to manually enter the headlines that will show on the news ticker or choose to have it automatically scroll through any number of your recent headlines. From the SNO Design Options page under Appearance on the WordPress dashboard, you can change the settings and design of the Breaking New Ticker. You can choose whether to display the ticker, how many headlines to display, whether to display the date, and which colors to use. You can also choose to whether to display All Recent Headlines or Only Breaking News Entries. If you choose to to display Only Breaking News Entries you will need to manually enter breaking news headlines.
*Note: If you have the Alternate Header Mode activated, you must assign your ticker using the options in the Full-Width Browser options via the SNO Design Options page.
Activating the Breaking News Feature
- Click on the SNO Design Options link under Appearance on the left navigation bar in the WordPress dashboard.
- Scroll down to the Breaking News Ticker options.
- Configure the options as needed.
- Click Save All Settings.
Adding a Breaking News Headline (if needed)
- Click on New under Breaking News on the left navigation bar in the WordPress dashboard.
- Enter your headline in two places: the WordPress title box and the box labeled Headline.
- If you want your headline to link to a story, add that link in the Link URL box. Make sure your link starts with “http://”.
- Click Publish.
IMPORTANT: You only need to complete this process if you chose to display Only Breaking News Entries in the Breaking News Ticker options on the SNO Design Options page.