Customizing the Footer’s Appearance and Content
Under the Footer section on the SNO Design Options page, you can choose what you would like the Footer on your site to display. Your options include the Website Name, Website Tagline, Social Media Icons, a Search Bar and up to four Menu areas. You can also dictate the appearance of your Footer.
- Use the color picker at the right to choose the color for the Background and Text.
- If you would like a Pattern displayed on the background, use the dropdown menu to choose.
- Remember to click Save All Settings to save your new settings.
Adding a Footer Link
The name of your publication will automatically be displayed in your footer. On the SNO Design Options page in the footer section, you can add a URL, and your site will automatically link your publication’s name in the footer to this link. This is useful as a place to add a link to a Google Apps address or to an address where your students can access their email accounts.
Customizing the Footer Menu
- Click on the Footer section of the SNO Design Options page found under the Appearance tab on the left navigation section of your WordPress dashboard.
- Under the area for Foot Navigation, choose to Hide or Display the Footer Navigation Menu.
- Choose the Menu Accent Color using the color picker at the right.
- Choose the Menu Boarder Thickness.
- Click Save All Setting under the color picker at the right.
For information on how to add content to the Footer Menu, click here.