The Immersive Splash Page allows you to display a single story and its photo as an Immersive Splash Page that will be seen at your home URL. The Immersive Splash Page works like a top story display area while allowing you to highlight your featured story in an eye-catching way, as viewers will begin their experience by seeing this display.
The story you choose for this page can be selected by itself by assigning it to its own category and choosing that category to be displayed or as the most recent story from a given category displayed by published date. The splash page will be displayed anytime someone goes to your homepage, but a viewer can view the full site by clicking the option at the top for “Full Site”.
The menu on this page will correspond to the Mobile Menu section of your site and reflect the menu items assigned to that navigation menu in your Menu settings.
* The Splash Page image should be sized at 1500px wide by 1000px tall (minimum size requirements are 900px wide by 600px tall).
- Make sure the story(s) you’re going to place here first have a featured image assigned with the above dimensions.
- Click on SNO Design Options under the Appearance tab on the left side of your WordPress dashboard and scroll down the Splash Page section.
- Activate Immersive Splash Page by clicking the corresponding checkbox.
- Choose the Category you want displayed here and adjust any settings on the right (the defaults should work great!).
- Click Save All Settings.