If you've purchased the SNO Sites Email Accounts add-on, you can add up to 100 email addresses to your site for access with your domain (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Once we've received your order and installed the SNO Email Manager plugin onto your site, you'll be able to start using email at your domain:
Adding Email Addresses
You have two choices for adding email addresses to your site:
- Actual email accounts: These can be added in the column on the left. They are actual send and receive email accounts that must be accessed via the webmail portal (yourdomain.com/webmail). More on that below. They cannot be forwarded to any other email address.
- Forwarding aliases: These can be added in the column on the right. They are more or less fake email addresses that will forward to an actual inbox you already have access to, such as your gmail or school email account. You cannot send from these addresses. They are commonly used to receive emails you'll never have to reply to, such as email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, etc.
Our recommendation would be to use forwarding aliases first and then actual email addresses only as needed. If your intention in creating email accounts is for internal staff communication then this isn't the best solution for that. Instead, consider mobile and desktop apps such as Slack, which are made for that sort of thing.
Creating Groups or Mailing Lists
Groups or Mailing Lists can be created using the column on the right -- Forwarding Aliases. You can add as many people to a single forwarding alias as you'd like to create a mailing list or group.
- Create your Forwarding Alias (e.g. email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org).
- You'll be prompted to add your first "forward-to" email address. Type it in and click Add Forward.
- After the prompt disappears, locate the alias you just created in the list and click Manage.
- In the Manage Forwards dialog window that appears, add your next forward-to email address.
- Follow steps 3 and 4 again and again until your list is complete.
- Now, when anyone emails your forwarding alias, all the forwarded recipients in the list will receive the message and can reply to it.
How to Access Your Email
To access your site's actual email account inbox, simply add "webmail" to the end of your site's URL. For example: http://www.mywebsite.com/webmail. You'll then be asked to login. Use your entire email address as your username and type in your password.
The first step will be to set your preferred mailbox template default. We recommend choosing the second option, Roundcube. After that, start exploring the functions of your new mailbox to start using it!