Designing Your Footer with FLEX Pro
If your website has been converted to FLEX Pro, the number of design elements and options available to you when customizing your footer area will significantly increase.
To start taking advantage of these new tools, go to your SNO Design Options page under the Appearance tab on the left navigation bar in the WordPress dashboard. Click on the Site Designer section of the SNO Design Options page and direct your attention to the Footer Design portion of the page.
Once you’re here, you will see the current structure of your footer, broken down into content blocks. At this point, you can either make adjustments to those pre-existing blocks, or delete them and start from scratch.
Here are some tips and pointers to get started:
- Your footer is made up of two different types of spaces: Horizontal areas (rows) and vertical areas (columns). Rows can be added by clicking “Add Row.” Columns can be created by clicking on the gear icon to the right of a row, and then clicking “Add column.”
- To increase the height of a row or the width of a column, simply place your cursor on the side of that space and drag to resize the area in real time.
- If you see a “Legacy” label attached to a content block, that means there is a newer element available that encapsulates the functionality of that older element. You’ll want to swap those out for their updated replacements.
- If you would like consistent design styles applied to multiple content blocks within the same row, set the background color of each element to “Transparent,” click the gear icon on the right of the row, and click “Edit Row Settings.”
- Use the purple toggle bar above the footer designer to create different versions of your footer that are optimized for tablet or mobile devices.
Creating Custom Footers
In addition to your site’s default footer design, you can create and design up to five custom footers. These custom footers can be assigned to a story template, or they can be applied to individual stories as needed.
Note that each new custom footer design you create will include a desktop, tablet, and mobile version that you will be able to design and customize.
For more information on custom footers, check out this support resource.
Designing Your Footer without Using FLEX Pro
If your website has not yet been converted to FLEX Pro, we highly recommend you do so first. The number of design elements and options available to you when customizing your footer area will significantly increase after converting.
For directions on converting to FLEX Pro, click here.