Homepage and Sidebar Ads
Your site comes with a widget called the SNO Advertisement Widget that allows you to place your own local ads on your homepage and non-home sidebar.
Note: This widget is different from the SNO Ad Network. Sites participating in the SNO Ad Network will have another widget, placed by SNO, that will display national and regional advertising: Opt into the SNO Ad Network.
Using the SNO Advertisement Widget
- Click on Widgets or Customize Live under the Appearance tab on the left side of your WordPress dashboard.
- Click on the Widget Area in which you want to place the advertisement.
- Click the Add a Widget button and choose the (SNO) Advertisement from the column that appears.
- Title your widget.
- Click the Select Image button, drag and drop your ad image into the Media Library screen that appears. Be sure to upload an image in the proper size for the ad spot (see below for proper sizes).
- After the image uploads, click the Insert into Post button.
- Add a Link for the advertisement. Make sure your link starts with “http://”
- Click Save and Publish at the top of the left column.
- Check your site to make sure the new ad shows up and that the new link works.
Be sure to upload an image in the proper size for the ad spot.
* Ads that are placed in widget areas do not have a required height. Generally, web ads are 300px wide by 250px tall but your site doesn’t require that height be used.
- Non-Home Sidebar: 300px wide
- All Home Bottom Widget Areas: 300px wide
- Home Top Wide: 590px wide
- Home Top Left, Right, and Center with Widget configuration Option 3 or 6: 300px for each of them.
- Home Top Left, Right, and Center with Widget configuration Option 1, 2, 4 or 5: the narrow area is 160px wide with a 400px wide area next to it and a 300px wide for the remaining area.