Your site comes with a widget called the SNO Advertisement Widget that allows you to place your own local ads on your homepage and non-home sidebar.
Using the SNO Advertisement Widget
- Click on Widgets under the Appearance tab on the left side of your WordPress dashboard.
- Find the SNO Advertisement widget in your list of Available Widgets.
- Click on it to assign it to Widget Area or drag it to your chosen widget area.
- Title your widget (optional).
- Click the Select Image button, drag and drop your ad image into the Media Library screen that appears. Be sure to upload an image in the proper size for the ad spot (see below for proper sizes). The most compatible size is usually square, approx 300 pixels wide by 250 pixels tall.
- Add a Link for the advertisement. Make sure your link starts with “http://” or "https://".
- Click Save and/or Publish.
- Check your site to make sure the new ad shows up and that the new link works.
Be sure to upload an image in the proper size for the ad spot.
* Ads that are placed in widget areas do not have a required height. Generally, web ads are 300px wide by 250px tall but your site doesn’t require that height be used.
- Non-Home Sidebar: 300px wide
- All Home Bottom Widget Areas: 300px wide
- Home Top Wide: 590px wide
- Home Top Left, Right, and Center with Widget configuration Option 3 or 6: 300px for each of them.
- Home Top Left, Right, and Center with Widget configuration Option 1, 2, 4 or 5: the narrow area is 160px wide with a 400px wide area next to it and a 300px wide for the remaining area.