Mailchimp is a simple email marketing software (EMS) which gives you a number of easy options for designing, sending, and saving templates of your emails. Mailchimp allows you to create various types of newsletters, which can be shared on your social media platforms, as well as your SNO site.
Creating an Email Subscription Form via Mailchimp
Mailchimp allows you to create an email subscription form and signup box for your SNO site. There are many other things you can do with Mailchimp besides just an email subscription box, so feel free to explore it in greater detail. To create a email subscription widget on your site watch the video and follow the steps below:
- Create a free Mailchimp.com account and complete the basic setup process.
- Create and Audience. An Audience is a list of users with email addresses subscribed to your newsletter. When you first sign up Mailchimp will automatically set up an Audience for you. You can manually add to this list under the Manage Audience tab or just wait for people to sign up from your site. Note: The free version of Mailchimp only allows you one Audience.
- Create a Campaign. A Campaign is a tool used to market to people in your Audience. Choose Email, then Automated, then Share Blog Updates. Enter a Campaign name and choose your Audience. Click Begin.
- Set up your RSS and feed settings.
- Choose your options, template, and design. Add a logo to the email body and any other content blocks (see video above).
- Review the checklist, confirm, and click Start.
- Create an embeddable form for your SNO site next. To do that, click Audience at the top, Manage Audience, and then Signup Forms.
- Choose Embedded Forms. You can choose between different templates and choices. When satisfied, simply copy the text provided and paste it into your SNO site's SNO Text Embed widget on your homepage.